Learn about the process
After searching and searching, you’ve found the home that ticks all the boxes and fits your budget. Now it’s time for the next steps—connect with your mortgage lender, make a bid, and close the deal on your new house.
As your dedicated mortgage lending team, we’re here to help that process go right from start to finish.
At this point, it’s optimal to already have an established relationship with a mortgage lender. If you haven’t taken this step yet, there are a wide variety of mortgage companies to choose from.
Be wary of mortgage companies that:
- Promise fast, bargain solutions.
- Fail to consider your unique circumstances.
- Offer automated, one-size-fits-all solutions to complex issues.
At Rosa Briggs Home Lending, we work differently. We form strong partnerships with our clients and put their unique financial goals at the forefront. As a client, you are the heart and soul of our business.
Our mortgage brokers will help you easily navigate questions of current mortgage interest rates and answer any of your home financing questions.
We’re here to ensure that you get the best home loan solution, not just the fastest.
Things to consider
When it’s time to make an offer, our team will collaborate with you and your agent to provide all key financing information and put forth a strong offer. We do the heavy lifting, dotting each “i” and crossing every “t” so you can focus on preparing to move in.
Prior to your loan being funded, a third-party appraisal is required. Here are a few things to know:
- An appraiser’s role is to ensure that the purchase price is a fair market value for the home. Mortgage lenders are unable to lend more than that stated amount.
- If your appraisal amount comes in lower than your purchase price, your real estate agent can help you negotiate for seller concessions to bring the price in line with the appraisal.
- While such negotiations are trickier in a seller’s market (due to the larger number of potential offers), some sellers may be amiable to keep the deal on track.
Before closing the deal, you’ll need to decide on your down payment.
- For most loans, the minimum downpayment is 3-5% of the home’s value.
- Veteran and rural options can offer 0% down, if you qualify.
- Alternatively, if you’re moving out of another house, it’s possible that your home equity line of credit can provide the needed payment.
Working with our team ensures that you’ll have each detail accounted for.
Whichever path you take, the destination is home of your own. After finalizing the paperwork and settling the closing costs, all that’s left is simply to move in.
But don’t say goodbye to your mortgage lender just yet!
Savvy homeowners keep in touch with their lenders to stay apprised of any changes to their home’s value. If your home’s value goes up, refinancing may be a wise option to save some money in the long term. We’ll be here to walk you through that process as well.
But for now, savor the satisfaction of your new homeownership.
Our experienced team of mortgage loan experts is fully equipped to walk you through every step of the mortgage process.
From the moment you contact us until your first step into your new home and beyond, we’re prepared to go the distance with you.
Fill out the form or give us a call at 425.268.0245 to get started today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Find the right refinancing strategy with Rosa Briggs Home Lending.
Find a mortgage that allows you to succeed today and plan for tomorrow. Get started now.
Financing that fits your goals
Rosa Briggs Home Lending has helped hundreds of people find their perfect home. No matter what your goals and dreams may be, we are here to help you achieve them. Sign up to get tips and updates for your home ownership journey.