Buy a home
Buy with confidence
Buying a home is a big deal. Whether you’d like a step-by-step education in the home loan process and all available options or you know what you want and are ready to crunch numbers, our team is ready to walk with you through your home purchase journey.
We make every effort to keep the process clean and clear, so you’re never left wondering if you missed an opportunity or if your purchase is at risk.
Here’s how that works:
Discuss your goals.We start by listening to your home purchase and financial goals. This is your home, your money, and your future, and we always keep that top of mind.
- Present your options. While you tour homes and dream about the future, we’ll run the numbers and gather your options. We don’t use a one-size-fits-all numbers generator. We dive deep into available financing options and put together a solution that’s as unique as you are.
- Pursue your dream home. We’ll partner with you and your agent to help you make an offer, close the deal, and navigate homeownership today and tomorrow. Long after you’ve moved in, we’ll be here to answer questions, provide mortgage health checks, and help you explore future real estate investments.
You’re not alone in the home mortgage process. We’re here to help.
Our team helps you invest in a home with confidence. We’ll discuss your goals, explore options, and chart a path for success.
Send us a message through the contact form or call us at 425.268.0245 to get started today!
There’s a wide variety of mortgage loan options to choose from. We’ve broken each one of them down to help simplify that decision.
A fixed rate mortgage loan uses the most common type of mortgage rate. As its name implies, your interest rate is locked in, making it the most predictable and stable form of loan.
With a fixed mortgage rate, your principal and interest payments will be the same until your home loan is paid off. This offers valuable benefits.
- Simplify your financial planning by knowing your monthly budget.
- Ability to lock in an interest rate to take advantage of a buyer’s market.
- Save money when interest rates rise in the future.
Things to Consider
- You can lock in your interest rate at the right time to avoid paying higher interest costs.
- Later, you may choose to change your interest by refinancing your home.
- The refinancing process takes as long as buying a home itself, so proper timing in the short term is key for benefitting in the future.
Choosing the perfect time to lock in your mortgage rate saves you both time and money in the long run. Here at Rosa Briggs, we constantly monitor the current home loan rates to ensure our clients enjoy the most competitive rates.
Different from fixed rates, adjustable rate mortgages adapt to the current market up to several times a year. Though less predictable, an ARM can provide lower interest rates, especially for short-term buyers.
Adjustable rate mortgage loans normally offer five to ten years of interest at a lower fixed rate.
- Typically, ARMs adjust every six to twelve months to match the current market.
- Your initial fixed rate will provide the initial stability required to get established.
- If the market drops after that time period is up, you’ll pay even less interest.
Things to Consider
Market confidence is key in choosing an adjustable rate home loan.
- If it feels like a seller’s market, a fixed rate may be the safest choice.
- If prices seem likely to drop over the next few years, an ARM enables you to enjoy lower rates in the future.
- However, if you intend to refinance or move before the fixed rate expires, an ARM can sometimes be more affordable than a fixed rate mortgage.
When consulting with us, our market analysts provide all the data required for you to make an informed decision.
Distinct from conventional mortgage loans, a Federal Housing Administration (FHA) loan is backed by the government. Typically offered to buyers with lower financial records, they enable a wider range of people to afford a home.
Due to their government backing, lenders who offer FHA loans can afford to take a risk on an otherwise unqualified buyer.
- FHA loans can help people with debt, low credit scores, or even past bankruptcies own a home.
- Credit scores as low as 580 down payments as little as 3.5% are usually accepted.
- Typically an excellent option for first-time buyers or people with past financial troubles.
Things to Consider
FHA loans come with several requirements and considerations.
- Home appraisers must be FHA-approved.
- You will still need to purchase mortgage insurance, similar to a conventional loan.
- The house must be your primary residence, and therefore, FHA loans cannot be used to purchase investment or vacation homes.
The maximum size of your home loan depends on the area, with FHA loans peaking around $350,000 in low-cost areas and $800,000 in larger cities. While the homes available to you may be more limited than with a conventional loan, the barrier to entry is lower as a result.
A Veterans Affairs loan is a great option for active and retired military and their families. Offering some of the best benefits on the market, it’s our way of honoring those who have served our nation.
- A VA loan allows veterans to pay a 0% down payment without needing to purchase mortgage insurance.
- Typically, interest rates are well below the market average.
- Qualifying for a VA loan requires a Certificate of Eligibility that validates your service.
Our team at Rosa Briggs can help you obtain your COE and understand your VA loan options.
Things to Consider
VA mortgage rates require no minimum credit score, allowing lenders to make the decision. With Rosa Briggs, that minimum score is 580.
- The VA will not cap the amount you can borrow for a home, but will only pay about $550,000 in most parts of the country if you default.
- A VA loan will only apply to your primary residence
- A funding fee of about 2-3% will be required, but usually can be added to the total loan. Surviving spouses and service members with Purple Hearts or disabilities are exempt
Overall, a VA loan has excellent mortgage rates and benefits, making it one of the best options available.
Financing that fits your goals
Rosa Briggs Home Lending has helped hundreds of people find their perfect home. No matter what your goals and dreams may be, we are here to help you achieve them.
Find the right financing strategy with Rosa Briggs Home Lending.
At Rosa Briggs Home Lending, our clients come first and foremost. Buying a home is a big deal, and you deserve a team that has your back throughout the process. We believe in strategic home financing solutions, not quick, auto-generated approvals.
By guiding you through all of your options, we help you find a mortgage that allows you to succeed today and plan for tomorrow. Get started now.