Buy a home
Buy with confidence
Buying a home is a big deal. Whether you’d like a step-by-step education in the home loan process and all available options or you know what you want and are ready to crunch numbers, our team is ready to walk with you through your home purchase journey.
We make every effort to keep the process clean and clear, so you’re never left wondering if you missed an opportunity or if your purchase is at risk.
Here’s how that works:
Discuss your goals.We start by listening to your home purchase and financial goals. This is your home, your money, and your future, and we always keep that top of mind.
- Present your options. While you tour homes and dream about the future, we’ll run the numbers and gather your options. We don’t use a one-size-fits-all numbers generator. We dive deep into available financing options and put together a solution that’s as unique as you are.
- Pursue your dream home. We’ll partner with you and your agent to help you make an offer, close the deal, and navigate homeownership today and tomorrow. Long after you’ve moved in, we’ll be here to answer questions, provide mortgage health checks, and help you explore future real estate investments.
You’re not alone in the home mortgage process. We’re here to help.
Our team helps you invest in a home with confidence. We’ll discuss your goals, explore options, and chart a path for success.
Send us a message through the contact form or call us at 425.268.0245 to get started today!
There’s a wide variety of mortgage loan options to choose from. We’ve broken each one of them down to help simplify that decision.
A conventional loan is the most traditional type of mortgage used for the purchase or refinance of single-family homes with up to four units.
With a conventional loan, you can expect the following standards:
- There is a minimum down payment of 3-5% (if owner-occupied).
- Conventional loans adhere to a county-specific loan limit but can be higher in high-cost counties.
- This loan type can be used for primary, secondary, and investment homes.
- Affordable Housing options are available.
Things to Consider
- Conventional loans are geared toward homebuyers and homeowners with higher credit scores and healthier debt-to-income ratios.
- This loan type is good for buyers who plan to stay in their home long-term.
- This loan type offers flexible terms, including a variety of loan lengths, interest rates, and prepayment options.
Conventional home loans are a familiar, standardized home financing solution that fits well for many buyers.
USDA loans are designed to provide low-to-moderate income buyers access to homes located outside major metropolitan areas.
With a fixed mortgage rate, your principal and interest payments will be the same until your home loan is paid off. You should also know that USDA loans…
- Offer 100% financing, meaning no down payment.
- Are not limited to first time home buyers.
- Apply to one-unit homes only.
Things to Consider
- USDA loans are a good option for homebuyers purchasing in a rural area.
- USDA loans offer a solid path to homeownership for individuals and families with low credit scores or limited savings.
When consulting with us, our market analysts provide personalized data required for you to make an informed decision.
Distinct from conventional mortgage loans, a Federal Housing Administration (FHA) loan is backed by the government. Typically offered to buyers with lower financial records, they enable a wider range of people to afford a home.
Due to their government backing, lenders who offer FHA loans can afford to take a risk on an otherwise unqualified buyer.
- FHA loans can help people with debt, low credit scores, or even past bankruptcies own a home.
- Credit scores as low as 580 down payments as little as 3.5% are usually accepted.
- Typically an excellent option for first-time buyers or people with past financial troubles.
Things to Consider
FHA loans come with several requirements and considerations.
- Home appraisers must be FHA-approved.
- You will still need to purchase mortgage insurance, similar to a conventional loan.
- The house must be your primary residence, and therefore, FHA loans cannot be used to purchase investment or vacation homes.
The maximum size of your home loan depends on the area, with FHA loans peaking around $350,000 in low-cost areas and $800,000 in larger cities. While the homes available to you may be more limited than with a conventional loan, the barrier to entry is lower as a result.
A Veterans Affairs loan is a great option for active and retired military and their families. Offering some of the best benefits on the market, it’s our way of honoring those who have served our nation.
- A VA loan allows veterans to pay a 0% down payment without needing to purchase mortgage insurance.
- Typically, interest rates are well below the market average.
- Qualifying for a VA loan requires a Certificate of Eligibility that validates your service.
Rosa Briggs can help you obtain your COE and understand your VA loan options.
Things to Consider
VA mortgage rates require no minimum credit score, allowing lenders to make the decision. With Rosa Briggs, that minimum score is 580.
- The VA will not cap the amount you can borrow for a home, but will only pay about $550,000 in most parts of the country if you default.
- A VA loan will only apply to your primary residence
- A funding fee of about 2-3% will be required, but usually can be added to the total loan. Surviving spouses and service members with Purple Hearts or disabilities are exempt
Overall, a VA loan has excellent mortgage rates and benefits, making it one of the best options available.
Financing that fits your goals
Rosa Briggs and team has helped hundreds of people find their perfect home. No matter what your goals and dreams may be, we are here to help you achieve them.
Find the right financing strategy with Rosa Briggs and team.
Our clients come first and foremost. Buying a home is a big deal, and you deserve a team that has your back throughout the process. We believe in strategic home financing solutions, not quick, auto-generated approvals.
By guiding you through all of your options, we help you find a mortgage that allows you to succeed today and plan for tomorrow. Get started now.